General Education Courses for Engineers
We offer courses designed to help Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam candidates fulfill general education deficiencies that may be identified during their NCEES credentials evaluation process.
Candidates who do not hold ABET-accredited degrees need to complete this process. The ABET-accredited program search can be used to determine a degree's accreditation status.
The courses are as follows:
- Critical thinking and writing for engineers (45 hours, 3 credit hours)
- Environment and Society (45 hours, 3 credit hours)
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills (45 hours, 3 credit hours)
- Sustainable Development Community (3 credit hours)
- Effective Communication for Engineers (45 hours, 3 credit hours)
Note: Participants may earn an additional credit hour by preparing a comprehensive case study, and submitting an acceptance report. This report should outline a specific problem related to the course topics and propose a solution to it.