Fabrication and Materials Processing
Fabrication and material processing are techniques used to manufacture objects or mechanisms.
For access request: AUC internal users, click here
RF Sputtering AXPLORER (800/6) is a thin film deposition technique using a radiofrequency generator. RF Sputtering runs an energetic wave through an inert gas in a vacuum chamber which becomes ionized. The target material or cathode which is to become the thin film coating is bombarded by these high-energy ions sputtering off atoms as a fine spray covering the substrate to be coated.
Cu, Al, NiTi (51%, 49%), NiCr (50%, 50%) and Ti
O2, N2, Ar, and Ar / H2
- Source: KrF Excimer Laser
- Wavelength: 248 nm.
- Energy Density: 800 mJ/cm
- Pulse duration: 24 msec.
- Pulse Bandwidth: 300 pm.
- Pulse Rate: 50 Hz.
- Spot size (on target) :0.5 x 0.5 cm
The laser beam is homogenized on a 1.6 x 1.6 cm area.
Computer-controlled stage capable of scanning 8" horizontally, with 50nm resolution and 4" vertically with 100nm resolution.
Projection lens reduces the spot size down to 0.5 x 0.5 cm.
The intensity of the beam is homogenized in the transverse direction using four arrays of cylindrical lenses. Two arrays, each of which is composed of ten vertical cylindrical lenses, homogenize the beam in the horizontal direction. Whereas, each one of the two other arrays has ten horizontal cylindrical lenses to homogenize the beam in the vertical direction.
The telescopic lenses are composed of a horizontal cylindrical lens that shortens the long axis of the pulse and a vertical cylindrical lens to stretch the beam in the horizontal direction.
The attenuator is used to control the pulse energy from 90% to 10% of the maximum energy.
A ball mill is a type of grinder used to grind and blend materials for use in mineral dressing processes, paints, pyrotechnics, ceramics, and selective laser sintering.
Grinding: for sample preparation, quality control, and development of new materials
Mixing: for mixing and homogenizing solids and suspensions.
Alloying: for mechanical alloying of hard and brittle materials.
- 4 grinding stations
- Speed ratio 1:3
- Digital speed adjustment from 30 to 400 rpm
- Real-time display digital time specification up to 99.99 h
- Fast no-loss pulverization and mixing, either wet or dry
- Feed size: < 10 mm
- Feedstock: soft, hard, brittle, fibrous
- Final fineness: < 1 micron
Sample volume: max. 4 x 250 ml.
The Turbula shaker mixer is a 3-dimensional shaker/mixer for fast and homogeneous mixing of powder substances of different weights and particle sizes.
The Turbula shaker-mixer is used for the homogeneous mixing of powdery substances with differing specific weights and particle sizes. The mixing basket can hold any form of the container from test tubes up to containers having a volume of 2 liters. The container is set into three-dimensional movement (a combination of rotation, translation, and inversion). The speed can be varied by adjusting the position of the drive belts on the 5-step pulleys.
- Mixing extremely heavy powders with light ones
- Minute quantities with huge volumes
- Fragile granules without crumbling
- Particles of different diameter - mixed to uniformity
Other applications for the TURBULA include:
- Ball Milling: Use grinding media inside the mixing vessel to create an aggressive ball mill without corners or dead space
- Sampling: Any single or multiple numbers of samples can be taken, each truly representative of the bulk
Metal Finishing: Intricate precision parts can be debarred and polished without damage.
- Sonicator (Ultra-Sonic Bath)
- Sintering Furnace (1200C)
- Heat Treatment Furnaces
- Complete Sample Preparation Equipment
- Hydraulic Presses (up to 100 Ton)
- Rolling Machines