About Institute Global Health and Human Ecology
Espousing a philosophy of implementation sciences, the Institute of Global Health and Human Ecology (I-GHHE) capitalizes on talents and resources across the American University in Cairo such as the Biomedical Sciences, Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, and Engineering within the School of Sciences and Engineering (SSE), the community insights of the Social and Behavioral Sciences in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, the economic and entrepreneurial expertise of the School of Business, and the practical know-how of public policy and administration in the School of Global Affairs and Public Policy.
With a holistic approach to health and sustainability, the I-GHHE provides an initial focus on curricula and research in support of Environmental Health, Precision Health and Public Health Policy and Management, inclusive of leadership and emergency management.
Given the challenges that confront the planet and broad global community and the impact of natural and anthropogenic activities, I-GHHE defines its mission is empowering transdisciplinary education and research towards a national, regional and global CURE!
Our Vision: CURE
- Curricular rigor that is holistic, pragmatic and truly transdisciplinary
- Utilitarian training that appreciates the basic sciences and contextualizes disciplines toward translatable and sustainable solutions
- Research that is timely and innovative with the imperative of improving the conditions of the global community
- Engaging of communities, regional and global, in education, discovery and implementation to empower and foster responsible global citizenship
Our Values: CURE
- Compassion for the global community
- Undaunted in seizing challenges as opportunities towards global well-being
- Resilient in our drive for diversity, equity and inclusiveness in expertise and human capital
- Ethics in education, research and practice