Biology - BSc
AUC’s biology program provides students with the opportunity to explore life at all levels from the molecular to the environmental. Accredited by the Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission of the ABET, it offers students the integrative and conceptual foundations of life and biomedical sciences within a liberal arts environment. Students graduate from the program trained to be independent learners, problem solvers, and critical thinkers and ready to contribute to society as responsible and ethical experts in the field
The Biology undergraduate program is accredited by the Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Marine Biology
- Molecular and Cell Biology
Students of the Program
The program is suitable for students interested in:
- Studying animals, plants, and human structure and function on different levels in health and disease
- Laboratory techniques such as working with microscopes and cell culture
- Computational tools and their application in human health and disease
Internship opportunities through AUC's Career Center are available for biology students at a number of entities, including Generations Genetics Labs and the Magdi Yacoub Heart Foundation’s Aswan Heart Center.
Graduates of the program have gone on to work in:
- Biomedical laboratories
- Research and development function of pharmaceutical companies
- International research centers
The program’s esteemed faculty includes Asma Amleh, university professor of Biology. Amleh received a BSc in biology and chemistry at The American University of Beirut, Lebanon and a PhD in biology from McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Amleh latest research on innovative diagnostics on "Stopping Ovarian Cancer - The Silent Killer".
Our alumni have worked for the top employers in the biology field, including:
- Magdi Yacoub Heart Foundation
- Children's Cancer Hospital (57357)
- Medical genetic laboratories
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Environmental agencies
- Generations Genetics Labs
Assistant professor, Andreas Kakarougkas, gives a short brief about AUC’s biology undergraduate program